Dia de Los Muertos

Sunday, December 20, 2015

How is your Christmas shopping coming along? Well, mine is complete thank goodness. Now, I know this post is extra late because Halloween was almost two weeks ago but time just doesn't stop for me. I am finally on winter break for two weeks and I am sitting here on a Sunday night tap tap
tapping away.

As mentioned before Dia de Los Muertos is a celebration to our dead relatives and friends. It originated in Central and South Mexico but it has rapidly spread all over the country including many parts of the United States. The families usually build an altar for the deceased that include flowers, candles and rosaries. People then bring offerings to them like bread and beverages for a more pleasant afterlife. The day of the celebrations and offerings attire such as black veils, dark clothing, skull painted faces and flowers everywhere are worn. I had previously seen a tutorial on how to paint a wicked skull that was very different from the others I had seen. I decided to give it a try the night before Halloween and this is how it turned out. I actually did not have the same materials as they did but I managed and I must say the end results are amazing. This shoot was done in the back yard and this is where all the bewitching took place. I hope you can enjoy and appreciate this little piece of my culture as I have shared. What do you guys think of my photographer? Yup, he's a great husband too. *Wink*
-dM































This post is dedicated to my grandfather who is missed dearly everyday.
RIP Grandfather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment