What's love got to do with it?

Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Valentine's Day. What is this "holiday" really about? Well first off it isn't really a holiday because we don't get the day off. This year its on a Saturday so those who celebrate hit the jackpot. Even before I had a significant other, I always sort of laughed at the men trying to get flowers from a street vendor at the last minute. If I was really looking forward to this day just so I could get a dinner and a teddy bear, I would be in a really horrible relationship. My husband surprises me with Mexican sweet bread all the time. I get random candy surprises, love notes, thank you notes for doing the laundry and
countless amazing compliments. Restaurants, bars movie theaters and lingerie stores love this day. They are the only ones who really are winners. I cant even imagine the fights that occur during this time over petty things like not getting a reservation or forgetting all about this day. Love and friendship should be celebrated every day. 

Yes this shoot actually took place at a grocery store. It was a little awkward but a lot of fun. Now if you are one of those gals who is going out on this day don't forget to look fabulous and confident. This lace pencil skirt was hand made entirely by me. Sky high heels are always your best accessory. Going for the whole pink and red thing will be too much, I think. Instead opt for a special detail like the pink zipper in the back of this top and this fabulous heart shaped clutch by H&M. A pink cami under a blazer or red heart shaped earrings work well too. No matter what your plans are for this day, remember not to take it or yourself too seriously and just have fun. Enjoy the company because isn't that what its really about?



Top: Boutique 
Skirt: Handmade 
Heels: Forever 21
Clutch: H&M














No comments:

Post a Comment