Chicago

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Let me begin by saying that this was one of the most amazing trips I have ever taken! I know I don't get out much, right? Anyhow, my husband was going to be traveling there on business and I figured why not tag along for the weekend. Well, I packed my bags got on a plane for the first time in my life and had the greatest weekend! 


Being so far away from home was so surreal. Just breathing a different air and seeing different people and architecture was exciting. Once my husband and his colleague picked me up from the airport we decided we needed a good lunch! Saturday was saved to explore the night life. We got lost taking the train into the city but laughed it off and made the most out of it. We continued on a stroll through the twinkling lights and had dinner and drinks at the Gilt Bar and after more adventures at Wicker Park which is a long block full of bars, galleries and cafes. 

The following day, we woke up early, had breakfast and proceeded to do the touristy thing. This included a visit to the Willis Tower, deep dish pizza and the very famous Bean. Sadly this was my last day in this wonderful and lively city. I must say that even though this was a short two day mini trip it was a weekend for the books. I wouldn't change it at all and I am definitely looking forward to many more adventures. 
-dM



My husband (right) and his buddy!      

4

Lost in the City of Lombard waiting for yet a second train! 





Blurry pic! Sorry!













Wicker Park




No comments:

Post a Comment