Last days of shorts....

Sunday, September 6, 2015


My brother in law once said "I'd rather have cheap shoes and $20 in my pocket, than expensive shoes and no money in my pocket!" Listen, I know the pressure of having to spend the big bucks on the latest trends. Bloggers out there are rocking the most beautiful clothing almost every week. That is all  good for them but my life is not like that and I refuse to pretend to live in a fantasy world. It might be a little depressing scrolling through Instagram and seeing those idyllic photos and shots. How can
one compete with that? Well, you don't. Style is what you do with clothing and accessories, not how much you pay for it. Like these sandals for instance. Fifteen dollars at Payless and the compliments just never stop. They are comfortable and look great. My point is, we shouldn't look at others and feel envious, we should draw inspiration from them.

Every girl has their own voice that they want the world to hear. Girls have become mini entrepreneurs with their blogs, vlogs, DIY tutorials and Etsy boutiques. As millennials, I believe we have brought something amazing to the table. A lot of us seem to be in debt or stuck somehow but that definitely doesn't stop us from moving forward and revolutionizing the world of fashion and art. 
-dM

Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Top: Ross (Gift)
Shorts: Levi's Vintage High Waist Relaxed Fit 510s
Sandals: Payless Shoe Source 
Mini Backpack: Target 











No comments:

Post a Comment